There’s a big chance that after our Christmas dinners, you feel as stuffed as our teddies as we do. We hope you spent the holidays with your loved ones as much as possible, even if the current times make this difficult. Going into the new year, most of us feel the need to create new year’s resolutions, and we’re with you! It’s a good idea to remind ourselves what’s really important to us and what we would like to achieve.
The top ten most common new year’s resolutions are:
- Exercise more
- Lose weight
- Get organized
- Learn a new skill or hobby
- Live life to the fullest
- Save more money / spend less money
- Quit smoking
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Travel more
- Read more
These ten resolutions sound good, but Tambo Teddies would love to add some more that might inspire you as well. At Tambo Teddies, we love listening to the people that come into our shops. They share the most beautiful, moving, and interesting stories. These stories mean a lot to us and stick with us. We have families that keep coming back to Tambo Teddies and will give us the follow-up story regarding the last time we chatted. There are some hidden new year’s resolutions right in these stories that we feel everyone should know about!
- Cherish your happy childhood memories; Reminiscing about our lovely childhood memories brings that joy back into your adult life. We hear stories about how happy they were when they got their first teddy bear and how they have seen the happiness in their children’s and grandchildren’s eyes when they get their bear.
- Enjoy the little things in life / practice gratitude; Most of our visitors are people traveling around and seeing a lot of Australia. Being on the road is a magnificent experience which makes them appreciate their own home even more. There are so many distractions nowadays and things we want to do and buy, but it’s important to enjoy the little things is life and being grateful for what you have. There is no place like home!
- Worth mentioning twice, spending time with your loved ones and creating memories. Most of our Teddies are bought as a present for a loved one (that most certainly includes yourself too!). Gifting someone a stuffed animal friend can be the start of creating lasting memories together. Often our Teddies get passed on to the next generation and carries all his stories with him. Tambo Teddies are a lifetime friend for child and adult and are part of life’s adventures. Hearing these stories reminded us again how important it is to be involved in the lives of your loved ones and give them your true attention in the new year.
Happy New Year! We wish you lots of love, health, inspiration, and adventures in 2022.